Osaka Japan April 2014 (Part 2)

1:27 PM

If you haven't read my first post about my trip to Japan last April, CLICK HERE! ^_^

So yes, here's your kid-at-heart blogger enjoying pigeons at the Izumisano Station! :3 Can you guess where we're going this time?

On our second day, we spent our whole day at Namba! It's the center of the Minami or south of Osaka that is famous for shopping and entertainment! To be exact, we went to Dōtonbori.


One of Dōtonbori's landmarks is this six and a half meter long crab called Kani Doraku Crab. It was so entertaining as you can see it move its legs and eyestalks!


And of course, Glico Man! The 1935 symbol of the Glico Candy. Manufacturer of your favorite Pocky and Pretz snacks! It's so famous that it has become a-must-photo-background if you'll be going to Namba! But yea~ blame my Olympus camera with a 40mm-150mm lens that didn't allow me to do that! And that's also why Glico Man's photo is only half body! Hihi


But look at me (looking stupid) while I show you a 360 degrees view on the Dōtonboribashi bridge with Glico Man! 

Originally, our plan was to experience the boat tour/ride at the Dōtonbori Canal. But unfortunately, no boat was available that time (or we just don't know where to catch it. hihi)


So, proceed to plan no. 2... SHOPPING~! ^_^ The Dōtonbori bridge connects to Shinsaibashi-suji and Ebisubashi-suji shopping districts. Clothes and shoes aren't really the cheapest things in Japan, but I'm glad its cheaper here in Dōtonbori compare to shops in Tokyo! If I'm not mistaken, added tax in Osaka is lower than Tokyo's too. So the items that you'll buy here would really be cheaper than in Tokyo.

I've gone crazy with spring shopping items! I've been really eyeing on this daisy and pastel floral print platforms, but it costs almost one lapad (¥10,000)! A month later, I ordered a much cheaper one online because I couldn't resist just seeing it! Haha

Here's a photo of some stylish Japanese girls walking around the area too. Style snapping! Well, they'd look pretty normal around Japan as others would wear a looot crazier outfits than this!

And here's my favorite snapshot on our second day. Looks like there's going to be a Bike Showdown of all ages! Hahaha

Since I took only few photos on our second day, I've decided to include our third day on this post too! ^_^

On our third day, our plan was to visit the Ōsaka-jō or Osaka Castle. Above are photos of where we walked in from the station to the Ōsaka-jō.


We ran into this couple (I think they're a couple) playing catch on a baseball field near the Ōsaka-jō. I felt like I was watching a telenovela! Of course, I imagined it in slow-mo and with a feel-good background music! Hihi

And here's the Osaka Castle! I don't know what my travel companions had decided, but we didn't go to come near it anymore. Seeing it was enough. lol maybe they've gone too tired from walking because we got lost too. And there's a fee on getting around the Osaka Castle too, but I've heard that you can never enter it tho.

Instead, we just enjoyed the Sakura Park beside the Okawa river. It was really windy that day so you can see falling sakura petals in this photo! Swear it was magical like what you see in anime's theme song MVs! Haha


And a very touristy photo here!

And that's it about our day 2 and 3 in Osaka! Hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing this. Come back for more! ;)

P.S. No outfit post this week 'cause I dumbly forgot to save the photos to my macbook before going out of town! Next week, I promise! 

P.P.S. A BIG CHANGE ON SPOTLIGHT ON JAMIE SOON!! ^_^

You Might Also Like

33 comments

  1. nice pics, you look very cute :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and pics! Loved the one in the park.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the beautiful images of your trip.

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, you look so pretty in your red beanie. I wish I could go to Japan. :)

    Daisy l LittleKawaiiDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog post. The people in Japan are so fashionable. The shoes are lovely.

    http://gracefulmist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pics! I've never been in Japan, but I would like to visit it. Will you publish another post on this subject??? :)

    xoxo from Italy
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will! More posts soon! Just stay tuned! ^_^

      Delete
  7. Looks like a fun trip! Love the photos and those sneakers look awesome!

    x
    www.c-mae.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. DealKare Packers and Movers in Bikaner provide safe and protected shifting solution. We are one of the trusted organization in Bikaner, to offer cos-effective shifting solution across the country.

    Packers and Movers in Bikaner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dealkare is a safe and secure packer & mover in Faridabad. visit www.packersmovers.dealkare.com to get more information.
    Packers Movers in Faridabad

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe