Osaka Japan April 2014 (Part 1)

6:44 PM

It’s finally here! My first blog post about my trip to Japan last spring! ^_^
Sweaters from La Belle Fille
But I’m warning you guys, it’s more like a photo dump rather than a decent travel post! Haha. That’s what happens when you don’t actually have your proper itinerary and you don’t have the basic knowledge on where you’re specifically going. It’s my first out-of-the-country trip guys, so forgive me! :3 And my Canon Kiss X2 actually gave up on me a month before our Japan trip, so the photos were taken by my Olympus EPM-1. I'm not satisfied with some of the photos, but it's better than nothing!

So yes, today’s blog post is all about our first day in Osaka! I’ve been to Japan for the first time last April with my family and relatives. It’s a one week in Osaka and another week in Tokyo trip. It’s really expensive to book a hotel in Japan, so we’re really lucky to have our sponsors in both prefectures, a.k.a. relatives and family friends!

We've got to experience living in a typical Japanese house for a week. And it was an amazing experience. We ate with chopsticks in a kotatsu, a Japanese table, and sit or kneel on a square cushion called zabuton. We slept on the tatami floor with our comforters. Typical Japanese houses are small but are amazingly structured in a very functional way that there isn't any wasted space. The photo above is a picture of our neighborhood!

Living in Japan would consist of a lot of biking, or in my case, I don't have a bike with me there, it's gonna be walking. Unlike in the Philippines where you can just call a taxi/jeep/tricycle anywhere, in Japan, there are no public transportation roaming around the area. You have to personally call a cab driver to fetch you from where you are exactly, and it's not really cheap. So yeah, walking will be your very first choice if you don't want to spend that much on your trip. But I enjoyed it anyway! Every corner of Japan is clean, organized and beautiful.

Look how clean their streets are.

A building they call the Lego Building because of its exterior!

And I spotted a legit daisy outside a random house while we're walking! My eyes literally sparkled. *o*

And our first stop was, of course, Japanese food! I'd personally recommend Tenkaippin Ramen house for a very 'sulit' ramen! Their serving was big and can actually be shared by two persons who eat lightly, like me and my mom! Haha. And their karage has become my instant favorite Japanese side dish!

On our first day, we decided to spend our time in a near park full of cherry blossoms, because that's why we basically went to Japan. To experience sakura flowers!

There are different colors of blossom of sakura. There are light pink, dark pink, I've read that there's even yellow and green. Here's the white version of sakura.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to catch them on full bloom. They started to fall off because it was the second week of April already. You can see that the leaves are already started growing. But we were still lucky to catch a sight of them! And thanks to Ojīchan at the back for photobombing. Heehee~

Japanese people also tend to have picnics whenever spring comes, and the sakura trees started to bloom. It's a celebration for them. Here are some elders having a good time under a sakura tree with their bikes parked on the side! One of my favorite photo in our Osaka trip.

Don't you think this looks like a scene from a telenovela? A woman reminiscing her past love, the one that got away when she was younger, and they used to date under this very tree? /haha my imagination

Thought this was a rose, but this beautiful flower is called Camelia. Well, still a family of the rose flower. But I think it's more beautiful! Too bad, you can't really pick flowers in Japan. Would you believe that you can actually spend a night in jail just for picking flowers? But yea, I think that's just right!

Next stop was to Rinku Town! /shoppinggg

A ferris wheel that no one actually rides...

A rad houndstooth motorcycle! Let me have this please.

Rinku Premium Outlets is at Izumisano-Shi, Osaka, Japan. It includes a wide range of well-known foreign brands and has a resort atmosphere. It was like heavennn~ well, for people who has the money. For me, I just enjoyed window shopping while waiting for my parents. Haha

Almost all the stores in Japan have a strict no photo policy. But yeah..

But really, my ultimate heaven was Seria! A yaku yen (¥100) shop, where everything is for 100yen only! (duh) They have everything from house to kitchen needs, kawaii school stuff, accessories, DIYs, and more stuff that you didn't know that you need until you see it! My mom and I totally went crazy on that store that we didn't realize 2hrs or so had passed already! I felt really sorry for my dad and cousin because we kept them waiting. :3

And that would end the first part of my Japan April 2014 series. Hope you'll tune in for the rest! Don't forget to share your thoughts below! xo


You Might Also Like

46 comments

  1. Ahhhhhhhh~ I've been waiting for this post! More more more!
    I really enjoyed reading. Love the flowers and the shopping outlets. Can you take me there? ^O^

    Win a Kawaii Subscription Box on my blog (GIVEAWAY IS OPEN WORLDWIDE)
    Lou of, steal-thestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep you in my luggage next time! Hahaha that old joke =))
      Thanks for dropping by! The PART 2 is already up! http://jamielouborile.blogspot.com/2014/08/osaka-japan-2014-part-2.html ^_^

      Delete
  2. I actually enjoyed reading your travel post. I like the fact that you chose to photograph things 'normal' Japanese folks do. The photos are not as bad as you say they are. In fact, they're really good! :)

    xx Daphne of Metamorphosis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Ate Daphne! I really appreciate this comment! ^_^
      The second part is up! ;)
      http://jamielouborile.blogspot.com/2014/08/osaka-japan-2014-part-2.html

      Delete
  3. >n< you're so lucky. Japan looks so fun and a great place to visit. I really love your photos especially the daisy one ;D

    Daisy l LittleKawaiiDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  4. More posts Ate!! <3 Hihihi

    My Happy Place @ http://fashionickness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Japan too, I've been there, love the foods! Your picture are so beautiful!

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The food is superb! I wasn't able to experience bad food there, except when I accidentally ordered a cold order of ramen! lol
      Thanks for dropping by, Tanya! ;)

      Delete
  6. Japan is one of my dream destinations <3 so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still haven't gone to Japan? But you can totally give justice to Japanese make-up and fashion! That's really great. You should visit Japan soon! Hihi :>

      Delete
  7. Looks fantastic!

    http://nn-bigcitydream.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful photos and place! i would love to go there someday. xx
    http://www.littleprettymess.com
    Instagram @littleprettymess
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7279767

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a must-visit place! Thanks for dropping by
      xo

      Delete
  9. Love these pics! So amazing
    xo Ally
    www.gumbootglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw you were in japan! I hope you enjoyed osaka - the food is amazing there!
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely pictures a great way to get an insight.
    x Sandra

    www.morestylethanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a blast! You're a great photographer by the way!
    Annoa xx
    fshnfrnzy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the shots! The photos looks so dramatic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Feels like you've been in an Anime world. :D I want to see a sakura in person! Love this post.
    http://qingpineda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I felt too! Haha. Thanks for dropping by, Qing! ;)

      Delete
  15. omg!!! beautiful!!!! the sights, the fashion, the food, the blossoms!!! AMAZING!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just read this post and, OH MY GOD, I am so jealous of you!!! I wanna go to Japan like right now because of this! The photos are still amazing! Really, reaaaally jealous! Stay rad! ;)

    Kae Trisha ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TARA! Hahaha. Thanks for dropping by, Kae! I miss your blog! :*

      Delete
  17. Great photos! Love this post x

    Let's keep in touch? Follow for follow ? Like each other on facebook?

    Laura Macij
    http://www.lauramacij.com/2014/08/only-good-vibes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'm up to follow for follow and liking each other on facbook! I just joined your site! ^_^

      Delete
  18. Love the photos, the food looks amazing! You look gorgeous in this outfit! Anyways, would you like to follow each other via GFC and other social medias? Follow me then and do let me know:)

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love everything about this blog. Fantastic photos, fantastic outfits and everything. I'm definitely coming back.
    laurenbrownunrated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Shekinah! Love your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, thanks for noticing! I really appreciate it. Yes, I really do put a lot of effort in this blog and it feels good that someone can actually notice it. Thanks for dropping by, Ania!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe