Bicol Bloggers’ #SSSstaycation: Mama Eñga

12:35 AM

Long time, no blog! I’ve been really busy lately, as I’ve finally started my very first and official corporate job! *woot* I’ve been really, really exhausted as my job requires me to be awake at night and asleep in the morning. Yes guys, I’m officially part of the vampire working gang now. And I'm still in transition. Haha. That’s why I am very giddy when I got the news from my co-blogger Ms. Apple Allison of www.solesearchingsole.com that we’ll be having a stay-cation dubbed as #SSSstaycation in celebration of her first year blogversary!

I already wrote an overview of this event we had last January 31-February 1 on my recent blog post. Now, it’s time to talk about the things we did, places we went to, and foods that we ate! On this blog post, I’ll be feeding you with the savory Bicol dishes of Mama Eñga!

Mama Eñga is a small "turo-turo" style restaurant that serves on-budget, true Bicolano dishes. This resto is very accessible as it is located at the very heart of Naga. Their area is surprisingly spacious inside and also has a second floor that can be used for meetings and events.

I cannot believe that I only discovered this restaurant just now! Oh, the yummy and affordable meals I’ve missed before! I started eating without knowing the prices of each dish first. And I’d have to admit, I am really surprised that you can have a full meal for 70-100 pesos only!

My favorite was their Lechon Kawali! Oh, I know I’ll be going back to Mama Eñga a thousand times in the future just to devour their Lechon Kawali again! Uhh~ just talking about this now is making my mouth water! Sobrang lutong ng balat! Yum yum yum! And it only costs Php80.00!

The Lechon Kawali, and actually, anything else is so perfect with their Bicol vegetable dishes like Pinangat (Php35.00) and Laing (Php25.00). THEY’RE JUST SO PERFECT TOGETHER. Ultimate party in my mouth. I think they have one of the best Pinangat here in Naga, taste and price speaking.

Another one of their remarkable dishes is their Ginataang Tabagwang, Php30.00. This term never fails to make me laugh. Haha. But on the more sosyal term, it’s called “Kiss Me Quick,” a clever name to explain how to eat it!

Here are other dishes that you must try in Mama Eñga too. (L-R, T-B) Dinuguan - Php30,00, Adobong Pusit - Php75.00, Bopis - Php55.00, Hungma Bread - Php20.00 and Leche Flan - Php15.00.

Mama Eñga is such a wonderful discovery in our #SSSstaycation. You'll discover and learn more about what you can do and where you can go in Naga on my next posts about our Bicol Bloggers' SSSstaycation! Stay tuned!


SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Mama Eñga c/o Sir TR - for generously sponsoring this event
Bicol Bloggers - for making this event happen
Nick Pahati - for photos


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe