Autumn Walk: Shosenkyo Gorge

12:03 PM




So winter had officially started? And before these photos get rotten on my storage again, let me post this now! At least I'm just a few days late from posting this autumn post. Hihi. So much photos, so much photos. It took me some time to pick the best ones and process them. Photo-heavy post! 

So this photo collection is when we visited Shosenkyo Gorge for some autumn walk last month. Walked for also 2hrs, I think. And boy, it was the most satisfying walked I've had! 



All the time I was at the end of the line while walking because I was too busy taking photos and breathing in the view. My relatives probably got annoyed at me because I was too slow. Mehe~ Well, blame the beyond endurance beauty of autumn!




Shosenkyo Gorge is a one Japan's most beautiful gorges. It is located in north Kofu, the prefectural capital of Yamanashi. It's an easy 4km hike, but we weren't really able to finish the trail since we arrived there past noon already. 



There are still lots of attractions we missed like the ropeway and the Senga Waterfall which are the main attractions of the gorge. But nevertheless, we still enjoyed our quick hike, and the reason can obviously be seen in these photos.

You can also occasionally see this huge, I mean HUGE, horse roaming around the gorge. *This horse is taller than me!* I think you can ride this carriage for a fee.


Autumn is unbelievably beautiful, especially in this place. Shosenkyo Gorge is best to be visited during autumn leaf season. It's usually on its autumn peak during late October to mid November. You can really see all the autumn colors everywhere. If you want to experience autumn at its best, I think this place is one of the places you should put on your top picks.

Access: Kofu can be reached from Shinjuku Station in central Tokyo by direct limited express trains (90-105 minutes, about 4000 yen one way) or local trains (160 minutes, 2270 yen one way, one transfer of trains at Takao along the way). The trip is fully covered by the Japan Rail Pass, JR East Pass and JR Tokyo Wide Pass. There are also frequent highway bus departures from the Keio Highway Bus Terminal in Shinjuku to Kofu Station. The one way trip takes 130 minutes and costs 2000 yen. Buses to the gorge leave in front of Kofu Station once every one or two hours. They take 30 minutes and cost 590 yen to "Shosenkyo-guchi", 40 minutes and 820 yen to "Greenline Shosenkyo", and 50 minutes and 900 yen to the terminal stop "Shosenkyo Taki Ue". Above fares are one way fares.
(information from japan-guide.com)

Here's a pale me to end this post. Mehe~ I hope you enjoyed the photos I took on this trip and find this post helpful for you next trip!


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great pictures Jamie! Planning to go to Japan next Autumn as well and hope to see this sight when I'm there. You've got me real excited hahaha!

    Happy 2016 to you!!

    Real Life Nerd // www.vivienekok.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and autumn is so beautiful. Unfortunately we don't have it in my country.

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these pictures are stunning and dreamy!!! I want to visit Japan too anytime soon! What camera do you use?

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    Daydreamer and Believer

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe